This past weekend our young little dog ingested the butt end of a marijuana cigarette while out on a walk. The same happened to our neighbour's little dog a few weeks ago.
Please do not throw your butt ends on the ground. They are highly toxic for dogs (and I would imagine for cats, birds, chipmunks, etc. too). You could challenge that it’s our fault that our dog ate it, and yes, we did not see it happen as it was so fast.
However, if you smoke, please don’t litter. Not only is it gross, it’s also very unneighbourly, and … what if a young child picked it up?
R Jeffrey, St. Albert