Effective Nov. 1, Jennifer McCurdy was named executive director of the St. Albert Community Foundation. As retired President and CEO of St. Albert Chamber of Commerce, and former administrator at St. Albert Sturgeon Hospice Association, McCurdy comes armed with vast toolkit of management skills.
“This position allows me to pursue my personal commitment to the community. One of my strengths is communication. One of the things I want to do is get the word out about the foundation. A lot of people don’t realize what we do. We want to build on the work we do and grow in strength,” said McCurdy.
One of her upcoming projects is to create a list of charities. The list would be matched to a list of donors wishing to support a specific organization.
“We want to be socially creative and put money into a lasting legacy for people in the community.”
For more information on the St. Albert Community Foundation, visit www.sacf.ca
Volunteering is a great way for people to link up with people in the community as well as helping worthy organizations provide special services.
The 2022 Volunteer Fair running on Saturday, Nov. 19 has a buffet of opportunities to choose from across close to 40 non-profit organizations, social agencies and arts groups.
Information tables will be set up at Servus Place on Saturday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. For more information call Family & Community Support Services at 780-459-1756 or email [email protected]. Below is a partial list of organizations attending.
• St. Albert Family Resource Centre
• St. Albert Seniors Association
• St. Albert Stop Abuse in Families Society
• St. Albert Further Education
• BGC Big Brothers Big Sisters
• St. Albert Victim Services
• St. Albert and Sturgeon Hospice Association
• Sturgeon Community Hospital
• African & African Descendants Friendship Club of St. Albert
• Board Member Matching Program
• St. Albert Children’s Festival
• St. Albert Breakfast Lions Club
• Arts and Heritage St. Albert
• St. Albert Host Lion’s Club
• Just Serve