Outloud St. Albert
Outloud St. Albert rings in the New Year with a request for volunteer sellers at the Oil Kings’ Pride Night on Friday, Feb. 3.
In the year’s first big fundraiser taking place at Rogers Place, volunteers would either sell 50/50 tickets on the concourse for the entire game, or Chuck-a-Puck foam pucks from the beginning of the game until the second intermission ends.
Proceeds go to support Outloud St. Albert, iSMSS, Capital Pride YEG, Pride Corner, and The Pride Centre of Edmonton.
Shifts start at 5 p.m. and run about four to five hours depending on potential delays if the game goes into overtime. Game time is 7 p.m.
50/50 volunteers must be 18 years of age plus. Anyone wishing to volunteer or obtain more information can email [email protected].
The City of St. Albert’ Family and Community Support Services is offering a 2023 Parent Workshop Series. The five workshops provide helpful tips and advice to assist parents and their children through difficult situations. The free workshops are held online and in-person on various Tuesday evenings from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
• How To Help Your Stressed-Out Teen, Jan. 17, Virtual via Zoom
• Financial and Food Security, Jan. 31, Virtual via Zoom
• Healthy Relationships and Consent, Feb. 21, St. Albert Public Library
• Supporting Your 2SLGBTQ+ Youth, March 7, St. Albert Public Library
• Digital Safety (Online Sextortion and Social Media) with Cst. MJ Burrough, March 14, St. Albert Public Library
To register for the workshops, call 780-1756 or visit stalbert.ca/fcss for more information.