ENTER TO WIN: Tickets to James Gordon and Sons
This contest is now closed. Congratulations Valerie Sadowsky of St. Albert on winning tickets!
James Gordon has had a remarkably diverse 30-year career in the Canadian entertainment business. As a solo singer-songwriter, and a founding member of one of Canada’s premiere folk groups, Tamarack, he has released over thirty-five albums and toured relentlessly around the world. James has written for symphony orchestras, musical theatre, dance works, and film scores. As a songwriter, he is known for such diverse songs as “Harvest Train,” “Sweaters for Penguins” and “Frobisher Bay,” which has been recorded by more than 100 different acts world-wide, and has become a standard for choirs everywhere. James’ songs have been covered by other artists including Cowboy Junkies, Melanie Doane, Al Simmons, and James Keelaghan.
James skillfully plays a variety of instruments including guitar, piano, banjo, and mandola. His sons, Evan and Geordie, perform regularly with their father and are also members of the indie rock band Islands.
This performance takes place Friday, Feb. 2 at 7:30 p.m. at Horizon Stage, west side of Spruce Grove Composite High School, 1001 Calahoo Rd., Spruce Grove.
- Contest Open: January 20, 2018 @ 9am
- Contest Closes: January 25, 2018 @ 3pm
- Winners announced in the January 31 issue of the St. Albert Gazette
Rules and regulations:
- Limit of one entry per person per day
- Multiple entries on the same day by the same person will be disqualified
- Winners must be 18 years of age or older
- Tickets have no cash value
- Winners will be contacted by phone
- Winner’s names will be published in the Gazette
- Staff & family members of Great West Newspapers are not eligible
To win tickets to this exciting event just fill out the ballot below: