Running for: Sturgeon County Councillor
Division: Division 3
Years resident in community: 55
Family status: Married with 2 sons
Education: Sturgeon Composite High / U of A
Occupation: Business Owner
Q: What was your primary motivation to seek elected office?
* Bring business experience to council by offering my services so we can be proactive in business development and retention.
* To have council drive our agenda not administration by listening to our ratepayers.
* To continue to lobby council to eliminate the highest tower permit fees in the province so all ratepayers can be competitive.
Q: What skills and experiences have prepared you for this office?
Division 3 is a diverse area with many moving parts.
* Annexation with St. Albert
* Pro-North industrial Park
* Villeneuve airport and business park
* Gravel Extraction
* Acreage & Subdivisions
* Agri-business & Farming
My skill set and experience match this diversity and seem tailor made for all the concern of Division 3.
I’m an independent thinker who offers vision and solutions.
Not afraid to ask the tough question.
Q: What do you think are the most important issues to the community at large?
* In January of 2017 the CRTC stated that high speed / Internet / Rural broadband is a necessary utility.
* An efficiency audit for each dept is required to identify and streamline processes.
* Promotion of Sturgeon County on all stages.
* Advance road work over new county building.
Q: What specific goals will you work to achieve if elected?
* Continue to offer cost effective solutions to county council and administration.
* Eliminate tower fees and actively search out new providers.
* How can you spend $100,000 + on a competitive strategy and only interview your successes, my goal would be re-open this study or supplemental to include the failures we experienced so we can learn from them.
* To have committees and boards filled with members that have the experience best suited to each position, not appoint by favouritism
* Promote our businesses.
Find all the Sturgeon County Election coverage here