Running for: St. Albert Council
Years resident in community: 29 years
Family status: Married with one son
Education: BPE, MBA
Current Occupation: Retired police officer
Q: What was your primary motivation to seek elected office?
I am passionate about St. Albert and my wish is to give back to this community that has given me so much. Today, St. Albert is facing many challenges and requires strong leadership and new ideas to overcome these challenges. I want to use my 30 years of senior leadership and governance experience, combined with my strong understanding of social and community issues, to ensure that St. Albert moves forward over the next four years.
Q: What skills and experiences have prepared you for this office?
33 year career with the Edmonton Police Service, retiring at the rank of superintendent. Senior leadership and governance experience leading high-profile specialized teams. Experience in managing multi-million dollar budgets, strategic planning, project management, internal audit, risk management and policy development processes. Extensive community involvement beginning with the Community Lottery Board, three terms with the Community Services Advisory Board, (currently serving as chair). Chair of the Citizen’s Task Force – Servus Place Review, St. Albert Employee Compensation Review. Member of the 2011 City Council Remuneration Review Committee and the Safe Journeys to School Joint Public Steering Committee.
Q: What do you think are the most important issues to the community at large?
– A respectful and cohesive city council that values teamwork with each other and administration.
– Identification of innovative approaches to economic development and growth.
– Regional collaboration on initiatives and land annexation.
– Plebiscite questions on capital growth projects.
– Strategies to address transportation issues and road congestion.
– Strategies to engage youth in our community.
– Inclusive and affordable housing for families and seniors.
Q: What specific goals would you work to achieve if elected?
• A strong voice on council in supporting services and programs that improve the quality of life for all citizens.
• Focus on governance and contribute to a well-functioning, cohesive city council that will respect all citizens.
• Provide innovative thinking about services to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
• Support our business community and encouragement of a broad business base with healthy sustainable growth.
• Support traffic safety and proactive crime prevention and harm reduction initiatives.
• Support the development of inclusive and affordable housing choices.
• Support initiatives for seniors and youth in our community.
• Strong commitment to our festivals, arts and cultural events.
Find all the St. Albert Election coverage here