Last chance for Fringe
Saturday, Aug 23, 2014 06:00 am
The 33rd Edmonton International Fringe Theatre Festival just announced this year’s holdover productions starting Wednesday, Aug. 27 through to Saturday, Aug. 30 at the ATB Financial Arts Barns.
Adult ticket prices are $15.50, students-seniors $12.50. Tickets are available at the official Fringe box office 780-409-1910 or online at fringetheatre.ca
The six shows are:
• McCrackin 2: The Whackining, the hit man looking for redemption, is on Wednesday and Thursday at 7:30 p.m. Cartoonish violence.
• We Glow, a satire on the corporate climbing ladder, is on Wednesday and Thursday at 9 p.m. Age restriction 16 plus.
• God Is A Scottish Drag Queen II: The Second Coming is a comedy sketch running Friday and Saturday at 10:30 p.m. Adult language. Age restriction 14 plus.
• Butt Kapinski, an interactive private eye film noir fantasy runs Friday and Saturday at 10:20 p.m. Age restriction 18 plus.
• Red Wine, French Toast, and the Best Sex You’ve Ever Had, a comedic peek inspired by Salvador Dali’s Invisible Figures is on Friday at 9 p.m. Sexual content.
• Propylene Glycol, Maltodextrin, Retinol Palmitate, and Other Words I Don't Understand Like Love is on Saturday at 7:30 p.m. Parental guidance.
Two additional BYOV shows are running at Varscona Theatre from Aug. 26 to Aug. 30. Tickets are $22 adults and $20 students-seniors. Cash at door or in advance at 780-420-1757 or online at tixonthesquare.ca
The two productions are:
• The Euphorians, a mix of psychoanalysis, mystery and romance, is on Tuesday to Saturday at 7 p.m. with an additional matinee at 2 p.m. on Saturday
• It’s a Bird, It’s a Plane, It’s Superman, a musical comedy on the Man of Steel, runs Friday and Saturday at 9:30 p.m.
Fringe organizers have also set up a website polling station for the Public Choice Award. Voting closes Sunday, Aug. 24 at noon. Visit www.fringetheatre.ca/fringe_awards_public.php to make your vote count.